Almost anyone can incorporate a vitamin C serum into their skincare routine. Vitamin C, which also goes by ascorbic acid and L-ascorbic acid, is a vitamin that isn’t actually produced by the body. Instead, the only way to get it is through supplements or your diet — citrus fruits like oranges are famously rich in vitamin C. And it has vital functions throughout the body. According to the study, vitamin C can help protect the skin from many problems, including sunburn, photo-aging, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, sagging, dryness, and an uneven skin tone. Anyone dealing with these skin issues may want to consider adding a vitamin C serum to their skincare regimen. This incredible antioxidant, the anti-inflammatory nutrient is known to improve skin tone and texture, hydrate the skin, and reduce signs of aging. Adding vitamin C to your skin care routine can not only brighten your complexion but also protect against skin damage caused by sun exposure and harmful free radicals.
Let's see how Vitamin C can benefit your beauty concerns:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from free radicals.
- Vitamin C is a great ingredient for people with acne-prone skin due to its ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and prevent breakouts.
- Vitamin C-based skin care products may lighten patches that are darker than the rest of your skin, called hyperpigmentation. A visible difference can be noticed after 2-3 weeks, and a significant difference after 8-12 weeks
- Vitamin C is one of the most essential vitamins you can add to your diet for glowing skin. It helps stimulate the production of collagen, which is the connective tissue that keeps your skin looking firm.
- Vitamin C may help protect skin from sun damage and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C promotes hair health, reduces hair loss and improves hair growth.
For optimal results, you should use Vitamin C serum every single day. It's worth noting that Vitamin C serum (and all serums in general!) are most effective when your skin is properly exfoliated.